|Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is included in the property rental?
Included in the property rental is the specified property, the linen for the relevant occupants, pool and garden maintenance, maid service and the basic utility bills such as electricity, gas and water.
- Can I book online?
Yes, bookings can be made through the Algarve Holiday Villas Website. Just complete the Booking form and send it to us and we will then reconfirm the property, dates, prices, any extras that you request and method of payment.
- Can I book a property for less than 7 or 14 nights?
We will accept bookings of 5 days in low season. We will accept bookings between 7 and 21 days. Winter Lets are available, please request information.
- Is there flexibility with set arrival days?
There is flexibility with changeover days and we will try to accommodate. In high season in certain properties there will be set changeover days (normally Saturday and Sunday) and it will state this on the booking conditions.
- How much deposit is required and how do I pay?
The deposit is required within 5 days of confirming the booking and is 20% of the total cost of the booking. It can be paid by bank transfer or cheque. The deposit is non refundable. If your booking is within 8 weeks the full amount is to be paid.
- When is my balance due and how can I pay?
The Balance is due 8 weeks before date of arrival. This can be paid by bank transfer or cheque.
- If I have to cancel my holiday what is the procedure?
There is a scale of cancellation charges thereafter, which are applicable from the date we receive your instruction to cancel:
Up to 8 weeks before arrival – loss of deposit only
4 – 8 weeks before arrival – 50% of full cost
2 – 4 weeks before arrival – 75% of full cost
2 weeks or less before arrival – 100% of full cost
- Is a breakage Deposit payable and when is it refunded?
Yes, a breakage deposit is requested along with the balance. This will be held and refunded within 14 days of your return, if no damage or breakages have occurred.
- What happens if something is broken during my stay?
If any small breakages (glasses/cups) have happened we ask that you report to us and where possible replace. Please advise our local office Cerro Novo of any breakages.
- Is holiday insurance included in the price?
No, we do not provide holiday Insurance and we highly recommend that you ensure that you have adequate insurance cover for you and your party.
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
Yes, we can arrange return Airport transfers as well as local in resort transfers as well.
- Will there be children’s seats available on the transfer?
The transfer company will provide child seats free of charge but they must be requested on booking.
- Where will the taxi driver meet us at the airport?
The driver will be waiting for you in the Arrivals Hall.
- If we hire a car, can you send us directions to the property?
Yes, we will provide you with a full set of directions to your property.
- Where do we collect the key to our property
On payment of the balance we will send you the information in relation to the key collection.
- What time can we occupy the property on our arrival day?
Entry into the property is 2pm. If you arrive on an early flight we will try to give you access earlier to drop off your luggage.
- What time do we have to vacate the villa on our last day?
Vacate time on the last day is 10am. We will always do our best to accommodate you if you have a late flight. Please check with our local agents Cerro Novo.
- What is included in the welcome pack?
Water / tea / milk / sugar / orange juice / bread / butter / cheese.
- If we have a problem in resort, who do we contact?
Please contact our local office: Cerro Novo, Centro Comercial do Cerro Grande, Loja 8, Cerro Grande, 8200-187 Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal. T: 00 351 289 510 795.
- Can more people join us during our stay?
Each property has a maximum occupancy level and must be adhered to. Only the people listed on the rental agreement can occupy the property. If the maximum level has not been reached and you wish for someone to join you please contact us and we will advise if there will be an extra cost.
- Are pets allowed in the properties?
No pets are allowed in the properties.
- Are cots and high chairs provided in the villas?
Yes, we can provide cots and highchairs at a weekly rental rate. Cots and Highchairs need to be booked.
- Are extra beds available?
Yes, we can provide extra beds at a weekly rental rate. Extra beds need to be booked.
- Are linen and towels provided in the property?
On arrival linen and towels will be provided for the relevant occupants.
- Are Beach towels provided in the property?
In specific properties beach towels will be provided and it will note this in the property description.
- Will there be a hairdryer at the property?
In specific properties hairdryers will be provided and it will note this in the property description
- Will the property have a TV and DVD or English Channels?
In specific properties TV, DVD and English Speaking Channels will be provided and it will note this in the property description.
- Is there a time difference in Portugal?
The time in Portugal is the same as the time in the UK and Ireland.